ARCHIBUS Integration can be described in two ways in the following university example as performed by RSC. 1) Within the ARCHIBUS modules and 2) shared data with other system databases at Cal Poly. ARCHIBUS shines in both areas. Of the 630 tables of data available 302 are accessed by every and all modules. This allows a single point of entry for data and provides data integrity. Accessing other databases within the Cal Poly system is why ARCHIBUS, Inc. developed Connectors, a dependable, extensible, database-independent means for integrating ARCHIBUS with other enterprise systems. The ARCHIBUS Connectors have delivered the live data synchronization needs of these enterprises and have handled millions of data changes each month. ARCHIBUS Connectors have been used in a wide variety of uses, for instance:
- Download human resources data from ERP to support space occupancy, move management, hoteling, or reservations activities. Merge human resource lists of full-time employees with ARCHIBUS lists of contractors and temporary employees to get an accurate list of occupancy for resource planning, space planning, and security.
- Download account codes into ARCHIBUS so that property, lease, work request, and internal chargeback costs are all correlated with the most up-to-date finance categories and cost centers.
- Upload ARCHIBUS invoice charges to the ERP general ledger so that the accounting system can bill tenants based on the actual terms, responsibilities, and option exercise of their leases.
- Upload ARCHIBUS chargeback information to the ERP system so Finance can seek reimbursement for indirect costs from research grants or insurance carriers.
- Update actual employee locations in the ERP system to manage various workplace services, such as work orders, service requests, and more.
- Update equipment and asset locations and stewardship information for enterprise asset tracking. Upload depreciation information to the general ledger.
- Correlate utility billing information with buildings and lines of business to map carbon debt to individual business missions.
- Import standard benchmark data, such as RS Means data, to compare your own process efficiencies and costs to industry norms. Both RSC Application and ARCHIBUS are built on industry standard databases. Options include SQL Server, Oracle and Sybase. Direct data access is available by accessing these databases. In addition, RSC provides a powerful interface-building toolkit called the SQL Automation Engine, while allows ARCHIBUS to connect to other databased to import data, or to import data through Flat Files or Web Services. The ARCHIBUS Database includes Data Dictionary tables describing each table and field contained in the database. Defining new tables in this Data Dictionary and running a wizard called the Schema Update Wizard creates new tables or fields, or updates existing tables or fields. RSC will migrate the data from ANY Standard Database to ARCHIBUS in the following actions:
1. Set up an RSC VM server dedicated to Cal Poly State University.
2. Install the ARCHIBUS Database (Oracle or MSSQL)
3. Obtain a copy of the ANY Standard Database (Oracle, MSSQL, other)
4. Install the ANY Standard Database on our RSC VM server.
5. Using the RSC Automated Work Processor (AWP) RSC will:
a. Create 2 tables for each major data source. They include:
i. A source table to accept the ANY Standard Database data as is without modification
ii. A scrub table to accept data that has been modified to receive into COTS ARCHIBUS
b. Import each data table into its source table(s)
c. Compare the data with ARCHIBUS COTS Table(s)
d. Prepare PRE and POST scripts (SQL) to massage the data and ready it for import
e. Prepare import scripts for the data from the Source table(s)
f. Import the data
g. Compare records counts through scripts and visual inspection to verify all data has been imported.
6. Repeat process above until all data is imported.
As an important side note is that this expertise is a key component of RSC’s core competency. We have migrated and synchronized hundreds of databases. All of our references above have in place our AWP and can vouch for its consistency. Additionally, the County of San Bernardino had us migrate 100,000s of records form customized database(s) into ARCHIBUS. It was a highly successful project and has propelled the application into other departments such as energy management.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0