Downloading Large Software Files from RSC File Manager Using FTP
File Manager is an RSC application that we use to store and transfer files related to your Archibus installation. RSC will need to set up your File Manager and FTP account before you can use this access to access Archibus files. Please contact your account manager to have them set this up for you. Organizations may choose to share a File Manager account or have one set up for each person who needs access.
Download an FTP Client
Note: This document shows you how to use WinSCP as your FTP client, but other FTP clients will work if you have another you prefer.
1. Go to https://winscp.net/eng/download.php to download the WinSCP App (Please see image below).
2. Click Install mode (Default: Install for all users (recommended)
3. Click Accept Button (To accept the License Agreement)
4. Select Typical Installation for Setup Type
5. Click Commander for User Interface Style
6. Click the Install button
7. Click Finish button (Note: The app is free.)
8. You will get a message once the app is installed.
9. Open the app from your computer
Connecting to FileManager Using FTP (WINSCP)
- For File Protocol, please select FTP
File protocol: FTP
Host name: rscfile.rsc2lc.com
Username: [RSC will supply credentials]
Password: [RSC will supply credentials]
Port: 21 (Default)
11. This will take you to the folders you have been given access to. Double click on the folders to open and right mouse click on the files you wish to download and select “Download”
12. Choose your destination folder (e.g. C:\Users\Josephine Adaoag\Test\), and click the OK button
13. Check the destination folder for the downloaded files.
Downloading Small Files from RSC File Manager
Go to https://rscfile.rsc2lc.com/filemanager/ and enter the credentials given to you by RSC. You will have access to only specific folders and will be able to download any content up to a certain size. If you get an error downloading you will need to use an FTP client instead to download larger files.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0