Equipment Naming Standards
Suggested standard for asset codes.
- 16 characters
- This standard is somewhat flexible to allow for “meaningful” names, like for example telecom switches include their building in the code for easier data connections.
- TC-SWI-167-IDF-3 (Telecom-Switch-Building 167-IDF-Number 3)
- SEC-FIRE-EXT-224 (Security-Fire-Extinguisher-Number 224)
- PLB-URN-0008 (Plumbing-Urinal-Number 8)
- Note that equipment that there are many of should include enough leading zeros so that they are listed in order, for example if there are 100 urinals, starting with -8 would not be sufficient and should be at least -008.
- UNI-VE-M-N-2X (Uniform-Vest-Mens-Navy-Size 2X)
Was this helpful?
0 / 0