When leading commercial, government, educational, and health care institutions deploy ARCHIBUS as an integral component of their ERP suite, the IT function of these organizations often have additional requirements which include the ability to:
- Leverage existing “gold standard” financial and human resources information within packages like SAP, Oracle and PeopleSoft for use in ARCHIBUS.
- Merge IWMS information from ARCHIBUS, such as locations and general ledger charges, back into these systems.
- Clean, validate and transform legacy data into ARCHIBUS data that can be the basis for sound strategic decisions as well as for financial and regulatory compliance activities.
- Eliminate multiple points of data entry, duplicate processing of financials, and duplicate systems of record for account codes, properties, full-time employee lists, and other backbone data.
- Ensure implementing data integration and workflow processes quick, cost-effective, repeatable, and predictable.
For these reasons ARCHIBUS, Inc. developed Connectors, a dependable, extensible, database-independent means for integrating ARCHIBUS with other enterprise systems. The ARCHIBUS Connectors have delivered the live data synchronization needs of these enterprises, and have handled millions of data changes each month.
ARCHIBUS Connectors have been used in a wide variety of uses, for instance:
- Download human resources data from ERP to support space occupancy, move management, hoteling, or reservations activities. Merge human resource lists of full-time employees with ARCHIBUS lists of contractors and temporary employees to get an accurate list of occupancy for resource planning, space planning, and security.
- Download account codes into ARCHIBUS so that property, lease, work request, and internal chargeback costs are all correlated with the most up-to-date finance categories and cost centers.
- Upload ARCHIBUS real estate invoice charges to the ERP general ledger so that the accounting system can bill tenants based on the actual terms, responsibilities, and option exercise of their leases.
- Upload ARCHIBUS chargeback information to the ERP system so Finance can seek reimbursement for indirect costs from research grants or insurance carriers.
- Update actual employee locations in the ERP system to manage various workplace services, such as work orders, service requests, and more.
- Update equipment and asset locations and stewardship information for enterprise asset tracking. Upload depreciation information to the general ledger.
- Correlate utility billing information with buildings and lines of business to map carbon debt to individual business missions.
- Import standard benchmark data, such as RS Means data, to compare your own process efficiencies and costs to industry norms.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0