How to Check Remaining Area – Instructions for AutoCAD Drafters
Remaining area is the difference between the total of the room areas and the internal gross area, this area should be small unless there is a reason (for example, an external atrium within the floorplan).
To check the remaining area you need to:
- Catalogue the rm and gros layers in AutoCAD
- Select the rm layer as the active layer and hit the “catalogue layer” button
- Select the gros layer as the active layer and hit the “catalogue layer” button
- Run “Update Area Totals”
- Open Smart Client and log into the same project.
- In the bottom of the left panel, hit “Navigator”
- Select “Space”, “Space Inventory”, “Room Inventory” and hit the “Update Area Totals” button
- Open the floor table
- In Smart Client in the bottom of the left panel, hit “Views”
- Type “fl” in the name field to restrict to the floors table and double click to open
- Click the “Fields” button in the top panel and then double click on “Remaining Area” to move it to the visible fields list.
- You will now be able to see the remaining area by floor
Screenshots of certain steps are on the next pages
Was this helpful?
0 / 0